Bridge The Gap Between Uni and Your First Web Developer Job
Escape the trap of needing experience but not being able to find a job to get it. Instead, come and join our immersive country house code retreat for six months’ training – we’ll skill you up, give you three months’ paid work experience, and secure your first full-time job. Spend two years in-role and you’ll have covered the course fees, and you’ll be well ahead of the pack.
How It Works
- We are building a network of talented web development consultants to work for us at We Got Coders. We work with start-ups, digital agencies and Government to deliver high-quality software engineering solutions, specialising in agile web development with Ruby on Rails.
- Unlike many employers in full-stack web development, we break the Catch-22 of the job market by providing a FREE scholarship (worth £8,000) and paid web development jobs to exceptional graduates.
- We will augment your skill-set with an advanced 12 week web development course, consisting of intensive, classroom-based study. There are scholarships of between 90%-100% for consultants who stay with the firm for a minimum period of 24 months.
- Stay in our state-of-the-art, luxuriously renovated mansion, with private en-suite rooms allocated to each trainee. Our approach combines the intensity of a coding bootcamp with the comforts of a countryside retreat.
- For the candidates who meet our demanding performance criteria, we will immediately offer full-time employment, working as a consultant on our client work. Following a probationary period, where you will be fully supported by our senior development team, you will be assigned to client work earning at least £25,000 a year.
Web Developer Course
Our hands-on, intensive, full-stack, agile web development training course shows you all that you need to know to become a full-stack web developer.
You’ll live in our tech mansion with the other trainees and tutors and learn everything you’ll need to know as a web developer. We combine 12 weeks of intensive study in small groups, with a 2 week final project to build your portfolio and prepare you for the workplace.
Procedural Programming with Ruby
- Control Statements
- Data Structures
- Advanced Ruby concepts
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Design Patterns
Databases & SQL
- Active Record
HTTP & REST
- RESTful architecture
HTML & The DOM
- HTML 5
- Front-end frameworks
- PSDs versus Responsive Design
- Asset Pipeline
Ruby on Rails
- Nested Routes & Forms
- HAML, SASS, Action Mailer
- AJAX & JSON
- Devise & Security
- Geolocation & Mapping
Agile Web Development
- User Stories
- Git workflows
- Work on a week-long project in a group
Building Scalable Web Apps
- Pagination, Sorting, Searching
- Distributed services
- Background tasks
- Buliding Ruby Gems
- API design
- Build an app from scratch
- Two 1 week sprints
- 1:1 Code to test ratio, > 90% test coverage required
- Present to industry
Real-World Work Experience
Consolidate your learning with real-world work experience. You’ll work onsite with a client on full stack Ruby projects, earning £20k pro rata.
Your instructor will mentor you on-site, providing support, guidance, quality-control, peer-reviews and extra training. This makes sure that you’re meeting the client’s expectations and realising your own potential.
On top of this, our programming pairs collaborate both on-site and remotely, able to resolve issues as soon as they arise. We look closely at every commit that you make, to spot any errors and catch them early.
We partner with top Ruby teams looking for talented new web developers, which means you get access to full-stack web development project experience. It’ll help build your portfolio and take you a step closer to your first permanent web dev job.
After a successful work experience placement, we’ll find you a professional web developer role where you can expect to earn £25-35k in your first year. It might be with us, or with one of the clients we partner with – either way, it’ll be a brilliant first step in your new career.
I went to We Got Coders as part of University work experience and came out of it into a well paid job as a full stack Ruby on Rails developer. Having done programming at University for 3 years, I had some of the basics down; but by 12 weeks in we covered most of my University course. My cohort were all immediately employed after the end of the course. I would highly recommend anyone, regardless of their computer experience or knowledge, to participate as long as they are willing to put the work in!Simon Waldron - Ruby on Rails Developer @ IconicWeb Developer Fast Track Rating: 5 5
Dan has an amazing leadership ability which is a source of inspiration for all of his trainees to complete such a demanding course. I am impressed with the amount of information that I was able to absorb as a result of my training, which has totally changed the way that I see developing web applications.Serafeim Maroulis - Rails Developer at HandsHQWeb Developer Fast Track Rating: 5 5
I consider applying to and joining We Got Coders to be the best decision I have ever made. The work Dan does at We Got Coders enables people such as myself to have a chance at changing their lives through gaining a new career is just incredible. As Lead Instructor Dan has a focused and patient teaching style. He genuinely cares about the progess, learning and crucially understanding of his students, because part of the We Got Coders is finding a job at the end. I have never seen him not give help to his students, even when he is ultra busy, he always makes time.Alex Malik - Ruby Web Developer @ Cortex InsightWeb Developer Fast Track Rating: 5 5
Dan has a passion for web development and teaching. He is very knowledgeable and has good communication skills. This makes him a great teacher able to explain in a concise and clear way the most complex concepts. Dan is hard-working and sets high expectations during the web development course which are greatly achieved thanks to his guidance. I definitely recommend Dan because he provides you with the tools you need to successfully become a Full Stack Web Developer and be ready for the job market.Patricia Cupueran - Web DeveloperWeb Developer Fast Track Rating: 5 5