Bridge The Gap Between Uni and Your First Web Developer Job
Escape the trap of needing experience but not being able to find a job to get it. Instead, come and join our immersive country house code retreat for six months’ training – we’ll skill you up, give you three months’ paid work experience, and secure your first full-time job. Spend two years in-role and you’ll have covered the course fees, and you’ll be well ahead of the pack.
What it is
It’s a six-month, full-time residential training programme: you’ll work like never before, but you’ll live like a millionaire and be miles ahead of the pack of junior devs when you finish.
Spend three months learning to code alongside leading industry professionals, who are available when you need them the most. Then, apply your skills in real-world web development teams, with a paid work experience placement, working under the supervision of your mentor.
Why it's different
This is the only code bootcamp that pays you to do work experience on live client projects. Being full-time residential, you’ll get around 14 days more facetime with tutors than a weekday-only bootcamp, and we’ll mentor you throughout your six-month placement.
Whatever your background, we’re completely focused on training you up for an amazing career in web development. We’ll find you a brilliant full-time role with much more responsibility and a higher salary than other web developers with one year’s experience.
Above all, you’ll have spent months in a single-minded code environment, but with none of the burnout and stress you’d experience in central London. You’ll emerge relaxed, confident and highly skilled: a developer fully ready for the job market.
Where it is
Our luxury riverside mansion HQ is less than an hour north of London in the Hertfordshire countryside. You’ll have a private ensuite room, lots of space to relax in, and we’ll take care of all the domestic stuff so you can keep your mind focused. Working alongside your classmates and instructor, you'll get the facetime you need to get the help you need, when you need it.
How It Works
- We are building a network of talented web development consultants to work for us at We Got Coders. We work with start-ups, digital agencies and Government to deliver high-quality software engineering solutions, specialising in agile web development with Ruby on Rails.
- Unlike many employers in full-stack web development, we break the Catch-22 of the job market by providing a 90% scholarship training (worth £7,200) and paid web development jobs to exceptional graduates.
- We will augment your skill-set with an advanced 12 week web development course, consisting of intensive, classroom-based study. There are scholarships of between 90%-100% for consultants who stay with the firm for a minimum period of 24 months.
- Stay in our state-of-the-art, luxuriously renovated mansion, with private en-suite rooms allocated to each trainee. Our approach combines the intensity of a coding bootcamp with the comforts of a countryside retreat.
- For the candidates who meet our demanding performance criteria, we will immediately offer full-time employment, working as a consultant on our client work. Following a probationary period, where you will be fully supported by our senior development team, you will be assigned to client work earning at least £25,000 a year.
Web Developer Course
Our hands-on, intensive, full-stack, agile web development training course shows you all that you need to know to become a full-stack web developer.
You’ll live in our tech mansion with the other trainees and tutors and learn everything you’ll need to know as a web developer. We combine 12 weeks of intensive study in small groups, with a 2 week final project to build your portfolio and prepare you for the workplace.
Procedural Programming with Ruby
- Control Statements
- Data Structures
- Advanced Ruby concepts
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Design Patterns
Databases & SQL
- Active Record
HTTP & REST
- RESTful architecture
HTML & The DOM
- HTML 5
- Front-end frameworks
- PSDs versus Responsive Design
- Asset Pipeline
Ruby on Rails
- Nested Routes & Forms
- HAML, SASS, Action Mailer
- AJAX & JSON
- Devise & Security
- Geolocation & Mapping
Agile Web Development
- User Stories
- Git workflows
- Work on a week-long project in a group
Building Scalable Web Apps
- Pagination, Sorting, Searching
- Distributed services
- Background tasks
- Buliding Ruby Gems
- API design
- Build an app from scratch
- Two 1 week sprints
- 1:1 Code to test ratio, > 90% test coverage required
- Present to industry
Real-World Work Experience
Consolidate your learning with real-world work experience. You’ll work onsite with a client on full stack Ruby projects, earning £20k pro rata.
Your instructor will mentor you on-site, providing support, guidance, quality-control, peer-reviews and extra training. This makes sure that you’re meeting the client’s expectations and realising your own potential.
On top of this, our programming pairs collaborate both on-site and remotely, able to resolve issues as soon as they arise. We look closely at every commit that you make, to spot any errors and catch them early.
We partner with top Ruby teams looking for talented new web developers, which means you get access to full-stack web development project experience. It’ll help build your portfolio and take you a step closer to your first permanent web dev job.
After a successful work experience placement, we’ll find you a professional web developer role where you can expect to earn £25-35k in your first year. It might be with us, or with one of the clients we partner with – either way, it’ll be a brilliant first step in your new career.