Don't Get Left Behind - It's Time To Get MEAN!
What it is
A 6 week intensive course aimed at professional programmers who need to get up to speed with the MEAN stack. Learn how to build super-fast, scalable web applications with the best user experiences across all devices.
Take advantage of the incredible demand in this emerging sector, with salaries averaging £47,500 according ITJobsWatch.co.uk. Now's the time to update your skills and add this important technology to your CV.
Why it's different
Nothing beats taking a break from your career and devoting yourself entirely to coding for six whole weeks. Our industry leading live-in instructors are on-hand all day long to make sure that you get enough facetime to ensure that you grasp all of the essentials.
Above all, you’ll have spent weeks in a single-minded code environment, but with none of the burnout and stress you’d experience in central London. You’ll emerge relaxed, confident and highly skilled: a developer fully ready for the job market.
Where it is
Our luxury riverside mansion HQ is less than 30 minutes north of London in the Hertfordshire countryside. You’ll have a private ensuite room, lots of space to relax in, and we’ll take care of all the domestic stuff so you can keep your mind focused. Working alongside your classmates and instructor, you'll get the facetime you need to get the help you need, when you need it.
Our hands-on, intensive, full-stack, agile web development training course shows you all that you need to know to become a full-stack web developer.
You’ll live in our tech mansion with the other trainees and tutors and learn everything you’ll need to know as a web developer. We combine 12 weeks of intensive study in small groups, with a 2 week final project to build your portfolio and prepare you for the workplace.
- ECMAScript 6
- TDD with Jasmine.js and Karma
- Persistence with MongoDB
Intro to Node.js and Express.js
- - Serving content using http.Server
- - Organizing your site with routes and templates
- - Using Express as an MVC framework
Single Page Apps with Angular.js
- - Basics of Angular.js
- - AJAX versus socket.io
- - Complex data visualization using D3
- - Express.js as an MVVM framework
Full-Stack, MEAN Development
- Complex single-page applications (SPA) based on Angular
- Authenticating users
- Deploying sites to a production environment
Service Orientated Architecture
- Using OAuth to gain access to external APIs
- Email / File Upload / Text Messaging
- Flexible ways of testing client-side frameworks
Native Mobile Apps
- Using Cordova and Ionic
- Using a device's camera, GPS, compass, and proximity
- Building responsive React applications
- Build an app from scratch
- Two 1 week sprints
- 1:1 Code to test ratio, > 90% test coverage required
- Present to industry