Make this the best year of your life
Join a small but diverse group in our immersive country house code retreat and after six months you’ll be a qualified web developer with the skills to work in startups, agencies or anywhere else you want. We can even place you in a role where you’ll earn up to £35k in your first year.
What it is
It’s a six-month, full-time residential training programme: you’ll work like never before, but you’ll live like a millionaire and be miles ahead of the pack of junior devs when you finish.
Spend three months learning to code alongside leading industry professionals, who are available when you need them the most. Then, apply your skills in real-world web development teams, with a paid work experience placement, working under the supervision of your mentor.
Why it's different
This is the only code bootcamp that pays you to do work experience on live client projects. Being full-time residential, you’ll get around 14 days more facetime with tutors than a weekday-only bootcamp, and we’ll mentor you throughout your six-month placement.
Whatever your background, we’re completely focused on training you up for an amazing career in web development. We’ll find you a brilliant full-time role with much more responsibility and a higher salary than other web developers with one year’s experience.
Above all, you’ll have spent months in a single-minded code environment, but with none of the burnout and stress you’d experience in central London. You’ll emerge relaxed, confident and highly skilled: a developer fully ready for the job market.
Where it is
Our luxury riverside mansion HQ is less than an hour north of London in the Hertfordshire countryside. You’ll have a private ensuite room, lots of space to relax in, and we’ll take care of all the domestic stuff so you can keep your mind focused. Working alongside your classmates and instructor, you'll get the facetime you need to get the help you need, when you need it.
How It Works
- We train web developers to be job-ready in six months, using a combination of training and work experience.
- Month 1-3: Learning Intensive, classroom-based study seven days a week. You’ll live in our mansion with the other trainees and tutors and learn everything you’ll need to know as a web developer.
- Month 3-6: Real-world work experience You’ll work onsite with a client on live full stack Ruby projects, earning £20k pro rata.
- Stay in our state-of-the-art, luxuriously renovated mansion, with private en-suite rooms allocated to each trainee. Our approach combines the intensity of a coding bootcamp with the comforts of a countryside retreat.
- Following successful completion of the training program, we hire the best of our trainees on a contract basis and place them on real-world client projects, whilst giving them the support, training and guidance required to grow into an entry-level role.
- Within 6-8 weeks of the second phase, we aim to secure offers of permanent employment from our hiring partners, for all of our trainees.
Web Developer Course
Our hands-on, intensive, full-stack, agile web development training course shows you all that you need to know to become a full-stack web developer.
You’ll live in our tech mansion with the other trainees and tutors and learn everything you’ll need to know as a web developer. We combine 12 weeks of intensive study in small groups, with a 2 week final project to build your portfolio and prepare you for the workplace.
Procedural Programming with Ruby
- Control Statements
- Data Structures
- Advanced Ruby concepts
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Design Patterns
Databases & SQL
- Active Record
HTTP & REST
- RESTful architecture
HTML & The DOM
- HTML 5
Front End Development
- Front-end frameworks
- PSDs versus Responsive Design
- Asset Pipeline
Ruby on Rails
- Nested Routes & Forms
- HAML, SASS, Action Mailer
- AJAX & JSON
- Devise & Security
- Geolocation & Mapping
Group Project Week
- Work on a week-long project in a group
Building Scalable Web Apps
- Pagination, Sorting, Searching
- Distributed services
- Background tasks
- Buliding Ruby Gems
- API design
- Build an app from scratch
- Two 1 week sprints
- 1:1 Code to test ratio, > 90% test coverage required
- Present to industry
Real-World Work Experience
Consolidate your learning with real-world work experience. You’ll work onsite with a client on full stack Ruby projects, earning £20k pro rata.
Your instructor will mentor you on-site, providing support, guidance, quality-control, peer-reviews and extra training. This makes sure that you’re meeting the client’s expectations and realising your own potential.
On top of this, our programming pairs collaborate both on-site and remotely, able to resolve issues as soon as they arise. We look closely at every commit that you make, to spot any errors and catch them early.
We partner with top Ruby teams looking for talented new web developers, which means you get access to full-stack web development project experience. It’ll help build your portfolio and take you a step closer to your first permanent web dev job.
After a successful work experience placement, we’ll find you a professional web developer role where you can expect to earn £25-35k in your first year. It might be with us, or with one of the clients we partner with – either way, it’ll be a brilliant first step in your new career.